Derby Deeds Podcast™ – Episode #115
We take a little holiday breather this week and talk derby broadcasting.
You can download the show directly by right clicking on the link below and choosing “Save Link As”, or just click to stream it.
- 0:00:00 – Show Open & Shout Outs
- 0:04:15 – Weekend Recap!
- 0:07:20 – Sacred City makes the trip north to Rose City & Mazel Tough Cocktail calls in!
- 0:12:15 – A discussion about Oly vs Sac City and scheduling of bouts!
- 0:17:15 – Effin’ Ref recaps Uinta Madness’ trip up to Boise
- 0:22:20 – Derby Nerd previews the East Region in Canada
- 0:27:00 – Apparently, Pitchit is playing some flat track derby this weekend…
- 0:28:30 – We talk to Vince Wheel about BROADCASTING DERBY on the INTERNET!
- 1:02:45 – Phone Calls!!
- 1:10:00 – Week 3 of the Derby Supply Gear Review with Pitchit!
- 1:23:30 – Show Close
Vince Wheel from LA Derby Dolls’ production crew Team RaD joins us to discuss all things derby broadcasting. And we do mean ALL things: live coverage, online boutcasting, the possibility of instant replay, the future of roller derby on television. Plenty of food for thought.
Everyone’s favorite cast member Pitchit will be skating this weekend! At the Brawl of Justice double-header, Phoenix Rattleskates take on Drive-By City Rollers, followed by the Inland Empire Derby Divas taking on Prison City Derby Dames. If you’re in the area, you should go and heckle… we mean, hug Pitchit. Maybe you’d rather skate with him? There’s a post-bout beach skate happening on Sunday morning.
This week’s cast:
- Jason Megatron Burrows
- Chrome Molly
- Vince Wheel
- and Pitchit!
Once you’ve listened to the show, CALL US! Let us know what you think! Call the Derby Deeds Phone Line – 864-372-9337
Don’t forget that you can subscribe via iTunes too!! If you ARE an iTunes user, please take a few seconds to give us a rating. The more people rate, the more impact we can have on the iTunes marketplace! =)
Derby Deeds Podcast by derbydeeds.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.